I cannot express my level of excitement for this tidbit. Sure I'm a little late to the blogging party, but I'm finally getting the time to explore more and start this blog on my endeavours. Everyone is really nice and willing to help, I can tell that this is going to be a great summer :)
So far I've been learning about my project from the wonderfully awesome Tiffany Antopolski, my mentor. My internship is going to be working on Developer Documentation for C. I'm going to be creating tutorials and code samples in gtk 3 for the community's reference. My work in preparation has involved (including my work for the initial contribution):
- installing Fedora 16 and getting used to the GNOME UI
- learning to use git as well as filing patches on bugzilla
- becoming efficient in page creation in the regular GNOME docs (using Mallard XML)
- learning some C programming basics
- prepping my development environment (https://live.gnome.org/DeveloperTools/Installation/Fedora)
- reading up on gtk 2 tutorials for C (https://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Tasks/DeveloperDocs/BeginnerTutorials)
- Next Step: moving onto gtk 3

Until next time !
0 comments:
Post a Comment